If you’re planning a trip the Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, then you are in for a fun and exciting holiday abroad! However, getting ready to pack for your trip may be a little daunting. In order to help you only pack what you need, here is a list of essential clothing items you need to bring when traveling to Dubai!
What to Know Before You Start Packing
As you travel more, you will see more and more differences in cultures and styles around the world. Whether it’s how different places give romantic gifts, or how people dress, or even how people say hello.
In most Middle Eastern countries, including UAE, there are certain cultural aspects that effect how people dress. All in all, keep in mind while you’re putting together outfits, or planning activities, that most people in Dubai will wear less revealing clothing. Although it’s hot there, you can still dress for the weather and still respect the culture you are in while on holiday!
Packing for Activities
You’ve spend months taking time to find coupons while Flight booking. You’ve combed over your hotels. Now, after all that planning, you’ve started to put together plans and activities for your holiday!
One of the top things that will determine what you will pack on your holiday is what activities you will have planned while you are away. After all, you don’t want to wear a ball gown to go surfing! Plan your outfits out so that you can be well prepared for whatever you may want to experience in Dubai.
Essentials for Everything On Your Holiday!
Packing for any trip, whether to UAE, the top destinations in the US, or even in Asia and Europe, may mean keeping your carry on a little lighter. Here are a few things you can pack for multiple activities:
- Your Favorite T-Shirt. Yes, a T-shirt can be one of those all-encompassing clothing essentials! You can dress it up, dress it down, as well as wear it for a work out or out to dinner. Make sure it has a simple design, or even just a plain block color. That way you can wear it to multiple occasions on your trip.
- Maxi Skirt/Maxi Dress. A good quality Maxi is a great holiday essential. With all the stunning beaches, clubs, and restaurants in Dubai, you can wear your Maxi skirt to ALL of those places! Not to mention it isn’t too revealing, but it will still give you a little more room to breathe in the heat.
- Light Jacket. A light jacket will be an essential both on your Cathay Pacific flight, or in the cool night air in Dubai. You can wear it with practically any top you pack, and dress it up or down depending upon the occasion.
- Jeans. Jeans are a staple to any holiday abroad. In Dubai you can wear them to a club, then wear them riding a camel in the desert the next day.
- Linen Pants. A good pair of light linen pants will not only allow you to be fashionable, but also cool and comfortable as well. Linen pants can be dressed up, and then worn to the yoga studio. Linen, whether in dresses, pants, or tops, is a great and stylish fabric for warmer climates. Not to mention linen also packs really well in a tight suit case!
- Normal Essentials. Underwear, sports bras, swim suits, one dressed up outfit, and other common sense essentials should also be in your bag for Dubai. Make a list of everything you will need so that you can cross them off while you pack, and not forget a single thing!
These essentials are great for multiple activities while you’re on holiday! Keep in mind that some can be worn for multiple days while you’re away from the laundromat. You’ll look great in the gym, or on the streets of Dubai if you keep it simple and pack for multiple occasions.
One of the best parts about going on holiday is getting to bring out your favorite accessories! Whether it’s that sun hat you bought two years ago and haven’t had a chance to wear, or that fanny pack you saw at the shop and HAD to have.
Here are some accessories that will be a great addition to your packing list:
- Hats to keep the sun off your face
- Scarf of Shaw in case you want to enter a mosque
- Swim suit cover for your time on the beach
- Fanny packs and small backpacks for days out
Your accessories can make or break your trip to Dubai. Make sun safety a priority, as well as bags and satchels for shopping and souvenirs!
Pack Your Bags with These Essential Clothing Items for Dubai!
Now that you know what to pack for your trip to Dubai, you can really start to get excited about this amazing city! From sunglasses, to linen clothing, and t-shirts and jackets, you’ll look amazing for any activity you take on in Dubai.