Modern freestanding bathtubs often have non-standard dimensions, which is why you need to make sure that the chosen model will fit into all the doorways of your house. There are other things to consider if you want to buy freestanding bath, so let us discover them.
Advantages and Disadvantages
All freestanding bathtubs, regardless of their type, have their pros and cons. Choose the model here https://www.aquaticausa.com/ and remember about the following advantages:
· Effective appearance
· Freedom in choosing the place of installation
· A variety of forms (more than wall models)
· This bath can be approached from any direction
In addition, a freestanding bathtub is a ready-made product that does not require ceramic cladding and joint sealing like wall-mounted models.
But there are some drawbacks as well:
· Heavyweight requiring a solid floor.
· The cost of the tub itself, the mixer for it, and other accessories is high.
· The complexity of installation – any mistake can be very expensive.
· The installation site must be prepared in advance.
· The area of the bathroom must be at least 6 m².
· Not suitable for taking a shower – the partitions are out of place here, and the spray will fly in all directions.
There are many shortcomings, but beauty, as you know, requires sacrifice. Only the buyer can decide which of these points is of utmost importance to them.
When looking for a freestanding bathtub, keep the following points in mind:
· The bathtub on legs looks beautiful, but with strong pressure on the sides, it can turn over.
· The freestanding bowl is fully visible, so it needs to look perfect from all angles.
Think about which faucet will be more convenient for you to install – the floor one or on the side of the bathroom. In the second option, you need to choose the bath that has the corresponding hole.