If you want to improve your home’s interior, there are tips and tricks from professional designers that you can follow which only require minimal cost and effort. Often, the simplest modifications will have a massive impact on your home’s overall look and feel. It can be something as simple as the addition of a potted plant or a strategically positioned mirror. You can also buy wallpaper for your home that can instantly brighten a room, soften the corners, or add warmth to your abode.
Here are some small and easy modifications you can try to spruce up your home’s interior.
Too much congestion will make a room appear untidy. Leggy tables, cumbersome chairs, and several small items placed in a room will only make the space look messy and even confuse the eye.
Instead, you must add a big piece of furniture for the room and leave many open spaces. Moreover, use trendy and minimal accent pieces. Mix furniture sizes and style to make the room appear balanced – not too skinny and not too bulky.
Decluttering will not just make your home appear tidy, but also offers several benefits. These include:
- You’ll have fewer things to organize – Searching for items you need will be easier. You can enjoy more space and move around effortlessly instead of going around stuff that is in your way.
- You can experience reduced stress and anxiety – A cluttered space can undermine your mind, causing irritability and increasing stress levels. Start removing clutter in your home, and see just how a decluttered space can calm you.
- You can enjoy enhanced productivity – Without clutter, you will find it a lot easier to focus on the things you should accomplish each day. Your creativity can also be enhanced now that your mind is cleared and you can freely think about what to do without being disturbed by the messy things around you.
- There’ll be no allergens – Pollen, dust, and pet hair can accumulate in your home, especially in unused items taking up space. In turn, these allergens can trigger different types of allergic reactions. By removing clutter, these allergens won’t mount up, and the airflow inside your house will be improved.
- Your home will be easy to clean – With less junk in your house, you’ll have fewer things to clean. Tidying a decluttered space is fast and easy.
Add instant light into your rooms by using decorative mirrors. This can also be done to make small spaces appear wider. For rooms that don’t receive enough natural light, place the mirror directly across from the windows to brighten up the space. Moreover, a decorative mirror is a great alternative to an art piece for filling empty wall space. Mirrors are excellent options for adding dimensions and light to any room.
Nature has always been excellent décor for both indoor and outdoor spaces. But aside from beautifying your home, having plants inside your house offers the following other benefits:
- Cleans the air – Indoor plants do more than just look pretty. Besides absorbing the carbon dioxide you exhale, plants also take in other gases found in fabrics, pesticides, plastics, and household cleaners like fabric softener and dish detergent. Some of the best indoor plants that can purify the air are areca plants, snake plants, spider plants, and aloe vera.
- Brings life to your design – Plants can breathe life into your home. They make any design feel complete and liven up your space instantly.
- Inspires creativity and productivity – Studies have shown that plants positively affect human brains when solving problems. You can think of more innovative solutions and ideas in places where there are plants, so make sure to add greenery in your home office.
- Improves mood – Bringing plants indoors is beneficial to your mental health. By merely looking at them, you can feel relaxed and refreshed.
- Lowers background noise – Plants can reduce background noise because their leaves can reflect, absorb, or diffract noise, making your home more comfortable and tranquil.
Updating your wall can instantly boost your home’s look and feel. Using wallpapers can be your best option because they possess the following qualities:
- Unique – Wallpapers today are available in a wide range of patterns, colors, and textures. Whatever you may need, you can surely get it from the most reputable wallpaper suppliers worldwide. You can install wallpaper in a feature wall to create a sense of depth and add interest to your room.
- Affordable – If you are looking for a budget-friendly way of making your wall more attractive, these wall coverings are your best option. Different brands and suppliers can cater to your budget.
- Durable – Wallpaper tends to last a long time, with its appearance and color remaining unchanged. To ensure its longevity, use the right type of wallpaper for each room. For instance, washable or moisture-proof varieties are for your kitchen and bathroom, while paper wallpapers are for dry areas.
- Easy to maintain – Washable wallpapers can be maintained with water and soap, while paper wallpapers can be cleaned with a clean cloth.
- Feature one wall – Highlight a specific area of your room using a bold, dramatic pattern. Gloss, mica or metallic wallpapers offer a glamorous, classy touch.
- Cover all four walls – Using one wallpaper style for all four walls of the room offers a contemporary look. Use simple, large-scale designs to add a chic twist.
- Cover half the wall – Create a great look without overwhelming the room by covering the wall’s bottom or top half with wallpaper.
- Use two wallpapers on one wall – Cover the bottom half with one paper and the top half with another, but make sure to separate them with chair rail. This can be a tough look to create, but it can look marvelous when done right. Use patterns that complement, not contradict, each other.
- Add interest to your ceiling – Don’t overlook the ceiling! You can also use wallpaper on it to create a unique look. Choose something bold and highly decorative.
- Revive an old piece of furniture – If you have old pieces of furniture with simple silhouettes and clean lines, wallpapers can do the trick of reviving these. A textured wallpaper is an excellent option to add the right amount of interest.
Improving your home’s interior does not have to be expensive. With these four simple modifications, you can make your living space more comfortable, beautiful, and even healthier.
James Prathap is the General Manager at NGC Nafees, one of the leading distributors of wallpapers, floorings, and fabrics in the Middle East and South Asia. Formed three decades ago, the business also offers high-quality panoramics, coordinated fabrics, and creative stickers for residential and commercial projects.