The star city!
The city of dreams!
There are so many ways in which we can describe Los Angeles.
However, over the years, because of its close proximity to Mexico, it has also gained the name of being the ‘drug city’ of the country.
From drug trafficking to local mobs causing drug dependency among the uncountable number of homeless, there is not a single sin left by this city.
Many surveys have been taken over the years that show the ruthless drug menace of Los Angeles, which is taking away so many lives.
If you are someone who is suffering from a drug addiction under the influence of the city, or because the ‘lifestyle asks for it,’ you need help.
Yes, recovery is a long journey, but it is not an impossible one; click https://www.oceanrecovery.com/los-angeles-drug-rehab/ to get started.
If you reside in Los Angeles county, peer pressure regarding drug use is often a situation you will find yourself in. Thus, it is only through sheer determination and learning about the dangerously negative side of these drug captures will you be able to stand your ground.
Drug Cartels In Los Angeles
Through all the surveys down in and around the city, here are some of the important pointers that we have collected.
- The drug cartels of Los Angeles are not about some impoverished kid trying to sell you some oxys; they are much more organized and sophisticated. Cartels are huge in number and have workers who belong to the high class.
- It is more like a fortune 500 company rather than a small drug cartel.
- One such well-known drug cartel is DTOs. It is a supremely well-placed Mexican drug trafficking organization in the heart of the city. It has managed to perform with the assistance of criminal groups and enhanced street and prison gangs.
- They are mostly Mexican and recruit members with the dream of major economic gain.
- The data gets even more deadly when we find out that these members are highly trained former military members who not only have street knowledge but high functioning military equipment at their fingertips.
- These Mexican DTOs have benefited a lot from the former military gangs in recent years. Now, they have access to sensitive information and equipment, leading to their expansion.
- Some of the areas which this toxic expansion has covered are the HIDTA region, Riverside Counties, San Bernardino, and Antelope Valley areas. Thus, all the suburban and part of the rural areas.
What About Law Enforcement?
Law enforcement lacks the training and the means to protect themselves against former military gangs, and thus they are unable to take any serious action.
HIDTA is domestically known for its overt drug usage. It is also the place of most Vietnamese drug gangs growing cannabis plants. Researchers have found huge amounts of carbon dioxide and black mold in these plants.
– Essentially making marijuana more dangerous than ever.
They even go to the extra length of changing the electric wiring in the form of a bobby trap for anyone from law enforcement to come lock at the doors.
Mexican drug cartels have also placed their operations in the Los Angeles, Mexico borders. Through the help of some high society locals, who have strong control over law and enforcement, they are able to smuggle drugs within the city.
LA Drug Issues & Homeless People
Homeless people are the easiest target for these DTOs, and they have very organized recruitment who go and sell these drugs to them. They aren’t the high society folks, rather street gangs who know the area and the people.
The reason why they are such an easy target is because of their condition. Studies have shown that most LA homeless groups suffer from mental conditions.
Thus, their vulnerability is preyed upon by these street gangs. They are made to think that drugs can deliver them from pain and suffering. They do enjoy the temporary thrill and euphoria, but it is when they get addicted the actual exploitation begins.
These lead them to commit other larcenies because they need the money to buy these drugs.
This is a dangerous chain that travels from one person to another. LA has seen so many homeless communities getting dragged mercilessly in the clutches of drug addiction.
It is not that they do not want to get out of the clutches of addiction; they are scared.
– Scared that the impending reality is painful enough to kill them.
– Or, they can be murdered by the gang members because they refuse to accept what they are offering.
By now, you are sure that these DTOs do not have one criminal record; they are experts in grand larceny, heists, murders, and even kidnapping and trafficking.
How To Say No To Drugs
If you reside around Los Angeles county, you might find it really difficult not to have communities without drugs.
The first thing you need to do is stay away from suspicious groups who force into this deadly habit.
If you find yourself curious, find a hobby to distract yourself. But, no matter what happens, do not feed into curiosity.
It might not be the wisest idea to penetrate into the world of law and order since you wouldn’t know how much help you can get. Furthermore, it can pose a danger for you and the family since you can become a target.
Avoidance to such parties, groups, and peers is the key to staying away. Plus, if you find yourself drawn towards these substances because of one consumption, immediately seek help from a therapist.
Los Angeles is also the state of good therapists and psychologists and luxury rehabilitation centers.
Get Help Before It’s Too Late!
If you find yourself or someone really falling into the deep end of drug addiction, try and get professional help before it’s too late.
An inpatient medical detox and rehabilitation center is the best option in cases like this.
A credible one will ensure you only leave once you are fully recovered.