Weed has multiple therapeutic properties that alleviate different conditions. Some of the conditions that CBD chemicals in weed can manage include anxiety, depression, and sclerosis. So growing it is one of the fulfilling tasks that you can undertake. Most people, however, give a wide berth to growing cannabis seeds because caring for them requires a lot of effort and commitment. But if you arm yourself with skills, you may find the cultivation of marijuana seeds pretty simple. For juicy hints, tricks, and tips of growing marijuana indoors, please keep reading.
Selection of genetics?
Multiple kinds of marijuana exist in the market. The main ones include sativa, hybrid, and indica. Sativa strains have high amounts of THC and are good at uplifting spirits and stimulating energy. This is contrary to indica strains that deliver a calming and sedating effect. So, suppose you’re out looking forward to planting sativa. In that case, you’ll join a club of cannabis growers who provide a solution for people suffering from a variety of conditions.
However, if you wish to plant indica, you aim to offer relief to people suffering from anxiety and chronic pain. The good thing about indica is that it doesn’t cause a high feeling. So when looking for marijuana seeds, decide on the solution that you want to offer the market.
What are the best strategies for growing weed seeds indoors?
Here are some strategies you can use to succeed in your indoor growing venture:
- Managing the height: Sativa strains stretch extensively while growing. From the flowering stage to the time of harvesting, sativa can be 20 times higher! You can easily manage this aspect by starting the strain straight away in 12/12, meaning 12 hours of dusk and another 12 hours of brilliance. This tactic can counteract the prolonged blooming duration by minimizing the wastage of time at the vegetative stage. Additionally, besides reducing the energy bill, this strategy can also reduce the overstretching of your plants. For indica strains, managing stretch isn’t an issue as they can only grow up to a meter tall.
- Use LED or Metal Halide Lighting solutions during the stretch: the trick of managing your plants’ stretch is to grow them under an illumination high in the blue spectrum. This is the reason to use LED light or Metal Halide for about a month or six weeks. Once your plants start flowering, you can change to an HPS lamp.
- Choosing an 11/13 Brilliance cycle: the cradle of Sativa is tropical regions bordering the equator. Due to that, it’s recommended that you grow your plants under 11 hours of illumination for 13 hours of dusk. Having a short period of light will allow the plants to bloom quickly.
Using smaller growing containers: if beginning straightaway in 12/12 isn’t possible, you can consider going for smaller containers. Reducing the size of the root structure minimizes the stretch of your plant. Therefore, you may go for pots that are 30 percent smaller than the standard ones. If you use smaller containers, remember to water your plants regularly because the growing medium will dry up quickly. When the stretches show signals of slowing down at about around two months, you can transplant your plants to gigantic containers. This reduces the chances of your plants being root-bound. Experienced suppliers who offer weed seeds can also provide you the best containers to grow your seeds at an affordable cost. Remember to visit https://amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com/marijuana-seeds for more information.
- Training the plants: Professional suppliers who provide cannabis seeds can offer you some tips on training your plants. Suffice to say that you can use multiple methods to train the plants, such as tying them down, using a net, and pinching their apexes.
- Commit a specific space for Sativa growing: If you’re a beginner, it’s advisable to avoid mixing different strains of cannabis seeds in the same room. Doing so may overwhelm you due to too much overstretching. So, have a committed indoor space where you plant Sativa seeds only.
- Consider Sativa-dominant Hybrids: a viable option is to grow hybrids that are predominantly Sativa than pure strains. With this option, you’ll still enjoy all the perks of a Sativa strain while caring for a manageable crop.
- Light-Deprivation: If you live in colder regions, you may adopt a light-deprivation strategy when your plants are ready for harvest. You can achieve this goal by covering your plants with a canvas one to two hours daily. Remember, your objective is to ensure that you extend the hours of darkness to a total of 12 uninterrupted hours every day. Alternatively, you can transfer the plants to a dark corner of your space and get them out at sunset.
- Feeding: the way you feed your plants directly influences the number of yields you can expect. For optimal outcomes, provide your weed seeds with minimal nutrients. Remember to water your plants regularly and avoid overfeeding them.
- Final words
We have taken you through the steps to follow to achieve excellent yields from your marijuana seeds. You can now move confidently to seed banks and buy weed seeds to start the growing process. If you can implement the above action plan, you’ll have an exciting Sativa growing journey.