The IBPS clerk is an entry-level position in the banking sector. You need to clear the IBPS Clerk exam to get recruited as a clerk in the banking sector. If you fulfill the eligibility criteria and have paid exam fees, you will get the IBPS clerk prelims admit card.
The admit card is an important document that holds several crucial details of your exam. They include:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number or Registration number
- Exam date
- Exam Venue
- Reporting date and time
- Candidate’s photograph
- Space for left thumb impression and signature on the admit card.
- General guidelines related to the IBPS exam
Remember, you need to carry the IBPS clerk prelims admit card to the examination hall without fail. You need to also carry a photo identification document that you need to show along with your admit card.
The Institute of Banking & Personnel Selection board has released a list of photo identification documents that the candidates can carry. You need to carry one of the photo identification documents listed below.
- Aadhar/ E-Aadhar card with a photograph
- PAN Card
- Employee ID
- Identity Card issued by a recognized college/ university
- Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer
- Permanent Driving License
- Voter’s Card
- Bank Passbook
Important Things Related to Photo Identification document
- The photo identification document that you plan to carry along with your admit card should explicitly mention the “Date of Birth.” If the photo identification document does not mention “Date of Birth,” carry an additional document with your date of birth mentioned.
- It is necessary the date of birth mentioned on your photo identification document matches the date of birth mentioned on the admit card. If there is a mismatch, you will be denied entry to the examination venue.
Most of the processes related to IBPS exams need to be completed online. The admit card is not sent by post or courier. You need to download it from the Internet. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open Internet browser
- Type IBPS official website address in the address bar
- Find the admit card link on the page and click on it.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth in relevant text boxes
- Your admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check the details of the admit card
- Click the download link to download your admit card
- Take a print out of the admit card
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Admit card
Many job aspirants have questions related to admit cards. Here you will find answers to some common questions related to admit cards.
- What Documents Do You Need To Carry To The Exam Venue?
You need to carry these three things- your admit card print, Original photo identification document, and copy of the photo identification document.
- What Should You Do If Your Admit Card Is Not Issued?
If your admit card is not issued, you need to contact the exam authority.
- When is the IBPS Exam Scheduled?
Detailed information about the schedule of the IBPS exam is available on the IBPS website.
Instructions to Follow at the IBPS Exam
- The admit card list Do’s and Don’ts that need to be followed at the exam. You need to arrive at the exam venue before time so you can settle down at your place and be calm before the exam starts.
- The call letter has a blank space for the candidate’s signature. You are required to sign the call letter in front of the invigilator. Your signature on the call letter must match the signature photo you had uploaded while applying for the IBPS exam online.
To sum up, the admit card is an important document that helps you get entry at the exam venue. So you need to read it carefully to avoid any problems or denial of entry permission at the exam venue.