CBD has become so popular that you are likely to find it everywhere these days including coffee shops, local marijuana dispensaries, and even your pharmacy. It is currently trending as a natural and healthy product after insights by scientists that it can manage numerous health conditions.
But what is this CBD? Just so you know, CBD stands for cannabidiol, and it is a chemical compound that is extracted from the cannabis plants. It exists in the plant alongside other cannabinoids, but it is the only one with many health benefits.
CBD is mainly extracted from the hemp plant. It contains only a very small amount of THC, which is psychoactive. The absence of large amounts of THC gives it an edge because it can be used without any side effects. Extraction is carried out using various ways such as the use of solvents, oil, or CO2. The latter is the most effective commercial method used to make pure CBD extract.
People are often confused by these terms. The common questions that arise can only be answered by explaining the meaning of these different terms.
· Hemp extract – This is the product that is acquired after the first step of CO2 extraction. Hemp extract usually contains all other cannabinoids, but it can be further distilled to separate pure CBD from others. The extract can be extracted from stems, leaves, or flowers. Hemp extract is also known as full-spectrum CBD, which is thought to have the most health benefits due to the presence of other cannabinoids such as terpenes.
· CBD oil – Pure CBD oil is obtained by distilling the hemp extract. It contains CBD as the main active compound. Legal CBD oil, which is the most popular product to find in stores these days, contains THC levels that are less than 0.3% and no terpenes. It is mainly consumed through the sublingual method, but users have become very creative when it comes to its use.
· Hemp oil – Another confusing term is hemp oil. The flower produces seeds that are rich in nutrients and oil. The oil that is pressed contains omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids, making it very healthy for the brain.
· CBD vape juice – Since vaping became popular, manufacturers have been looking for ways to make it healthy. CBD-infused vape juice is now popular, and experts argue that this is the fastest way to get CBD into the bloodstream.
· CBD-infused products – In addition to these main products that we have discussed, CBD-infused products have flooded the market. You are likely to find CBD gummies, which are commonly used for kids since they are sweet. Skincare products infused with CBD are also widely available.
When you visit a health shop to buy CBD products, you will now have confidence when looking through the various products since you know what they are. It will also be easy to pick one that is useful for your needs. Choose well.
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here.